Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Journal Tuesday, May 10

Breakfast: Eggs, Applegate nitrate free turkey bacon, Trader Joe's mini fiber cake, apple with cinnamon, coffee with xylitol (406 calories)
Lunch: Chickpea Burgers (from Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 meal plan, the oregano and parsley in the recipe came straight out of our herb garden!), carrots with tzatziki (457 calories)
Dinner: Shrimp, black beans, salsa, plain Greek yogurt (instead of sour cream), and cilantro (straight out of our herb garden) (328 calories)


Activity: Cardio and Resistance
Free weights
Gym - 1 hour total (30 min elliptical, 30 min incline trainer), average heart rate 163 (85% max heart rate)


Calories burned:
Calories consumed: 1191
Deficit:


5 comments:

  1. It is so difficult to figure out how much of a deficit to have each day. Right now I'm aiming for 500. I've been very consistent the past 4-5 days, so I'm hoping to see a loss when I weigh in this weekend even if it is small. We'll see! I hate complaining about trying to lose 10 pounds, when other people are trying to lose so much more, but to me it is frustrating! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand. I'm 3 lbs away from a "healthy" BMI, and every other indicator (Waist to hip ratio, body fat, blood pressure, cholesterol, etc) already say I'm completely healthy. I don't think its that you and I are complaining really, its just acknowledging that loosing those last pounds is much harder than the first! Are you wearing you Bodymedia again? Or are you calculating your deficit by BMR + activity - intake?
    Maybe you should get Making the Cut (its only $9.34 on Amazon). It really helped me drop the final few before my wedding :) (Or I can just loan you my copy!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally ordered Making the Cut on Amazon! haha. I was thinking and thinking about it, and your comment made me push the button. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And no, I'm not wearing it again. ;0)

    I want my knee to get all better so I can do cardio again! :0(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Glad you ordered Making the Cut. I think it will help you with the last few stubborn pounds!
    Yeah, be careful with your knee. I ended up having to have surgery because I didn't listen to my body and got an overuse injury from running too much :(
    If you have access to a pool you could do no-impact cardio.

    ReplyDelete