Sunday, May 15, 2011

Week 3 Weigh-In Sunday, May 15

I lost 1.5 lbs this past week.  Based on my calorie deficit for the entire week (8,827 calories), I should have lost about 2.5 lbs.  I  should be dropping at least 2 lbs a week based on my daily deficits, so this week I'm going to increase my calorie intake by 10% (to 1300 calories a day) and take a few rest days.  Hopefully that will jump start things and let my body know it's not starving!  My three week weight loss total is 13.7 lbs!

Stats Sunday, May 15 (Week 3):
Weight: 166.2 lbs
Height: 5'8"
Chest: 36.5"
Waist: 27.5"
Hips: 40.5"
My current BMI is 25.27 (which is overweight).
My current Waist-to-Hip Ratio is 0.68 (which is in a healthy range).
According to my impedance scale, my body fat is 28.4% (Which apparently is "acceptable")

Below is a snapshot from my Bodymedia Activity Manager for the past week.  I averaged a daily burn of 2456 calories and intake of 1195 calories leaving an average daily deficit of 1261!
Below is my nutrition breakdown for the past week.  I averaged a 44/26/30 percent calories from carb/protein/fat ratio.  My daily averages were 1540 mg sodium and 33 g fiber!
Click here for my entire Food Log from last week
Here are the guidelines I've been following:
1. Eat 1200-1400 calories a day.
2. Have a daily deficit of at least 1000 calories. <--I decreased my deficit from 1500 to 1000, because I realized that 1500 was too high of a deficit for how much weight I really have left to loose.
3. Get at least 10,000 steps daily.
4. Drink at least 100 oz of water daily.
5. Aim for a 40/30/30 carb/protein/fat ratio (I'm a balanced oxidizer).
6. Eat every four hours, no food two hours before bed, and no carbs in last meal.
7. NO processed/junk food and eat organic WHENEVER possible.
8. Aim for less than 1500 mg sodium daily.
9. No Alcohol :(
10. Train at 85% max heart rate for 1 hour at least 5 times a week.

In addition to 5 sessions of cardio at around 85% of my maximum heart rate last week, I also did free weights resistance training four times.  My workout schedule for the past week looked like this:
Sunday: Cardio and Resistance, Monday: Rest Day, Tuesday: Cardio and Resistance, Wednesday: Cardio and Resistance, Thursday: Rest Day, Friday:  Cardio and Resistance, Saturday: Cardio.

Hopefully I will see a larger loss next week after I adjust my calories.  If nothing else, I'm looking forward to eating 100 more calories or so everyday! :)

If anyone has any suggestions or advice for me, I'm all ears!  I'd love to pull bigger numbers than I have been!

1 comment:

  1. It definitely won't hurt to up your calories a bit and take a few extra rest days. I really think that will help, since you are so exact when tracking your calories. I'm sure your body is just trying to figure everything out! :D

    ReplyDelete