Sunday, May 29, 2011

Week 5 Weigh-In Sunday, May 29

I lost 3.6 lbs this week!  This would be an awesome number any week, but it is especially amazing to me because I have been uber busy and stressed this week and only stepped foot in the gym once!  I guess this really goes to prove that weight loss really is mostly about what you're eating.  I have two more crazy weeks ahead of me before I graduate (out-of-state interviews, 5 day residential off-site class, final papers, etc.)  With everything that is going on, I doubt I will find myself in the gym very much in the upcoming weeks, but at least I know I can keep my eating clean!  My five week weight loss total is 17.3 lbs!

Stats Sunday, May 29 (Week 5):
Weight: 162.6 lbs
Height: 5'8"
Chest: 36.5"
Waist: 27"
Hips: 40"
My current BMI is 24.72 (which is normal). <--Yay, I''m "normal!"
My current Waist-to-Hip Ratio is 0.68 (which is in a healthy range).
According to my impedance scale, my body fat is 27.5% (Which is "acceptable")

Below is a snapshot from my Bodymedia Activity Manager for the past week.  I averaged a daily burn of 2298 calories and intake of 1290 calories leaving an average daily deficit of 1008!  As you can see, I didn't get very many steps or much activity, but the scale went down anyways!
Click here for my entire Summary Log from last week
Below is my nutrition breakdown for the past week.  I averaged a 52/25/23 percent calories from carb/protein/fat ratio.  My daily averages were 1787 mg sodium and 33 g fiber!  Normally I would say I are too much sodium and not enough protein, but the scale went down even though I didn't workout, so I'm not going to try to "fix" what isn't broken!
Here are the guidelines I've been following:
1. Eat 1200-1400 calories a day.
2. Have a daily deficit of at least 1000 calories.
3. Get at least 10,000 steps daily.  <---Didn't meet this one this week
4. Drink at least 100 oz of water daily.
5. Aim for a 40/30/30 carb/protein/fat ratio (I'm a balanced oxidizer).
6. Eat every four hours, no food two hours before bed, and no carbs in last meal.
7. NO processed/junk food and eat organic WHENEVER possible.
8. Aim for less than 1500 mg sodium daily. <---Didn't quite meet this one this week either
9. No Alcohol :(
10. Train at 85% max heart rate for 1 hour at least 5 times a week. <---Didn't meet this either this week

I'm very happy to see that number on this scale this morning, and I'm hoping that next week I will be back in the 150s!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment